There’s no better way to start your day than with one of these tender, delicious apple muffins. They’re perfectly sweet, incredibly soft and sure to be a instant favorite.
- 1 1/2 cups apple diced (we used 2 fuji apples)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a muffin pan with baking cups. Lightly spray cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss apple and granulated sugar in medium bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a separate large bowl.
- Stir milk, butter, vanilla and eggs into apple mixture. Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking cups, filling approximately 3/4 full. Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes. Carefully remove muffins from pan and set aside on a wire rack to cool completely. Happy eating, friends!