COOKING WITH CHEF CHARLOTTE
And they’re off! These awesome bunny race cars are a fun (and delicious) treat that every kiddo is sure to love.
BUNNY RACE CAR TREAT
- Twinkies snack cake
- Sanding sugar
- White cookie icing
- 5 OREO Mini sandwich cookies
- Decorating icing
- PEEPS marshmallow bunny
- Mini Nilla Wafer cookie
- Jelly bean
- Using a sharp paring knife, carefully carve out a section in middle of Twinkie large enough for PEEPS bunny and Nilla Wafer. Discard (or eat) removed piece.
- Sprinkle Twinkie with sanding sugar and shake off excess. For tires, place a dot of cookie icing in desired location on Twinkie and press on OREO until secure. Repeat with remaining tires. Separate final OREO and remove filling. Discard (or eat) removed pieces. Using decorating icing, write number on OREO cookie. Let dry completely. Secure OREO to “hood” of car with a dab of cookie icing.
- Sandwich PEPPS bunny and Nilla Wafer together and place in carved out section of Twinkie. Use cookie icing to secure, if desired.
- Carefully cut jelly bean in half and secure to top back of car using cookie icing. Happy eating, friends!
CHEF CHARLOTTE TIP: These treats are super fun to make and you can use whatever you like to decorate them. Use your imagination!