Who doesn’t love a little surprise of chocolate in the middle of their cookies?! Customize these candy bar cookies with your favorite chocolate and then just try to hold yourself back from eating every last one.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Servings: 18-20 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 18-20 pieces miniature chocolate (we used Hershey’s miniature chocolates)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars with a spoon. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate medium bowl. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix until just combined.
For each cookie, use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to measure out dough. With dough in the scoop, push a piece of chocolate in center and use your fingers to mold dough around chocolate until edges are sealed and chocolate is enclosed in dough. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, spacing about 2 -3 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, about 11-15 minutes.
Allow the cookies to cool for at least 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: If you prefer more chocolate in your cookies, use fun size pieces instead of miniature ones.