We’ve taken the classic caprese salad and turned it into one of our favorite foods – a pizza. We can guarantee that this quick and easy meal is sure to be a hit at your dinner table.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
- 1 readymade rectangle pizza crust (we used our favorite by Brooklyn Bred)
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 3 campari tomatoes, cut into 8 slices
- Fresh basil, chopped (for topping)
- Balsamic vinegar glaze (for topping)
Preheat oven to 450°F and move one rack to highest setting.
Place pizza crust on parchment-lined baking sheet and spread with pesto. Arrange cheese slices on pizza and top cheese with tomato slices. Bake on pre-positioned rack until cheese is slightly melted and tomatoes have softened, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven.
Top with basil and drizzle with balsamic vinegar glaze.
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: If you would like to brown the cheese a little more, turn on your oven’s broiler and cook until cheese has reached desired doneness. Just be careful not to burn your pizza.