We’re combining two of our favorite treats into one delicious breakfast idea – Cherry Pie Muffins! Mind blown.
CHERRY PIE MUFFINS
- 9-inch ready-to-bake pie crust
- 1/4 cup sanding sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups cherry preserves divided
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Unroll pie crust onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Lightly brush crust with water then sprinkle with sanding sugar, adding additional sugar if desired. Bake until crust is cooked through and edges are lightly brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Decrease oven temperature to 375°F. Prepare a muffin pan with baking cups. Lightly spray cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together sugar, milk, butter, vanilla, eggs and 3/4 cup preserves. Add flour mixture to cherry-milk mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking cups, filling approximately 3/4 full. Dollop remaining preserves on top of batter. Break pie crust into pieces then crumble into desired size. Generously sprinkle top of batter with crust crumbles.
- Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 22-25 minutes. Carefully remove muffins from pan and set aside on a wire rack to cool completely. Happy eating, friends!
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: This recipe is so easily customized by swapping out the preserves for your favorite.