Our classic creamed corn is everything you want it to be – rich, creamy and buttery. Trust us, after this, you’ll never go back to the canned version again.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups corn kernels
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add corn and 1 cup water to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until corn is tender, about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream, sugar, salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered, until cream has thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Happy eating, friends!
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: Frozen corn can easily be substituted in this recipe but fresh corn really enhances the flavor.