Hot chocolate kits make a simple (but oh so delicious) gift idea that family and friends are sure to love. Customize them with all sorts of sweet treats and cue the warm, cozy feelings.
- Small canning jars (we used these Ball 4-Ounce Quilted Crystal Jelly Jars, which you can find here)
- Fabric squares
- Hot chocolate mix (we used our Simple Hot Chocolate Mix)
- Miniature marshmallows
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels, soft peppermint puff candies or other toppings/mix-ins (optional)
- Clear cellophane treat bags
- Printable Hot Chocolate Instructions (available below)
- Gift tags
- Twine or ribbon
Spoon desired amount of hot chocolate mix into canning jar. Place metal lid on jar. If desired, place fabric square on lid. Press metal screw band onto lid and screw to close tightly. Repeat with marshmallows in a separate jar. If desired, spoon chocolate morsels, peppermint or other candies into jar with marshmallows.
Insert hot chocolate jar in treat bag and place marshmallow jar on top. Place Printable Hot Chocolate Instructions in bag behind jars. Tie twine or ribbon around the top of the treat bag. Address gift tag and thread through twine or ribbon. Secure gift tag with a bow and trim with scissors, if necessary. Trim excess cellophane from top of treat bag, if desired.
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: If adding peppermints to the jar with marshmallows, be sure to use the soft peppermint puff candies. They’ll melt into the hot chocolate much easier than traditional peppermint candies. You could always include a candy cane, too.
PRINTABLE HOT CHOCOLATE INSTRUCTIONS
Feel free to download these specially created hot chocolate instructions when making your kits!