Move over banana bread because there’s a new favorite in town. With a bright and fresh orange flavor, the real question will be whether you want to enjoy this for breakfast or dessert.
GLAZED ORANGE BREAD
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- For the bread: Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9-by-5 inch baking pan by lining it with parchment paper or spraying with cooking spray.
- Combine cake flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In another large bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup orange juice, butter and eggs until smooth. Create a well in flour mixture and add orange juice mixture. Mix until well incorporated. Stir in orange zest.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- For the glaze: In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons orange juice. Drizzle over bread. Happy eating, friends!