Meatballs are quintessential comfort food and nothing beats tender, juicy homemade ones. Whether your topping spaghetti with them or serving them as an hors d’oeuvre, this kitchen staple is your new go-to.
HOMEMADE BAKED MEATBALLS
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground basil
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and move racks to low and middle settings. Prepare two baking sheets by lining with aluminum foil and spraying with cooking spray.
- Place breadcrumbs in small bowl and add milk. Stir to combine and set aside for 5-10 minutes.Place breadcrumbs in small bowl and add milk. Stir to combine and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine ground beef, sausage, cheese, onion, garlic, eggs, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and bread crumb mixture in large bowl with spoon or hands until well incorporated.
- Form meatball mixture into 1 1/2″ balls and place on prepared baking sheets, ensuring to leave space between meatballs. Bake for 20-22 minutes, flipping meatballs and rotating baking sheets halfway through. Happy eating, friends!