Nothing beats good old-fashioned, made-from scratch, homestyle mashed potatoes. They’re quintessential comfort food and a favorite in our home.
HOMESTYLE MASHED POTATOES
- 1 1/2 pounds petite red potatoes unpeeled, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup half & half
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of salted water at a boil over high heat until fork tender, about 10-15 minutes. Season with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Pour in half & half and cook until warm, about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and roughly mash with a potato masher or fork. Add half & half mixture and stir to combine. Happy eating, friends!
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: We like our mashed potatoes a little more on the “rustic” side so we leave the skins on the potatoes. If you decide to do the same, make sure you clean them well before cooking them. You could also peel the potatoes, if you prefer. Either way, it’ll still taste delicious.