We’re gonna let you in on a little secret – this beef and broccoli is really good. Like REALLY good! It easily ranks as one of our family’s all-time favorite dinners and we can guarantee that you’re going to love it, too.
INSTANT POT BEEF & BROCCOLI
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil divided
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak sliced into thin strips
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons hoison sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- Cooked brown rice for serving
- Sesame seeds for garnishing (optional)
- Turn your Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker on to sauté.
- Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil to Instant Pot. Add flank steak and cook until all pieces are browned, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off sauté function.
- While steak is cooking, whisk together broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, hoison sauce, ginger and garlic. Set aside.
- Remove grease from Instant Pot. Add prepared sauce and stir to coat steak. Place lid on Instant Pot and lock into place, making sure the valve is set to seal. Set to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Carefully open the pressure release valve (quick release). Remove lid. Turn on sauté function. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water until cornstarch is dissolved. Add cornstarch slurry mixture to Instant Pot and stir well to combine. Stir in broccoli and return lid to Instant Pot. Cook until sauce has thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Serve with rice and garnish with sesame seeds, if desired. Happy eating, friends!