Our chicken burrito bowls are an all-around crowd pleaser and come together in no time flat thanks to our handy Instant Pot.
INSTANT POT CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- Ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups salsa
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice rinsed
- Shredded cheddar cheese for garnishing
- Sour cream for garnishing
- Avocado slices for garnishing
- Tortilla strips for garnishing
- Turn your Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker on to sauté.
- Pour oil into Instant Pot. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Add onion and cook until chicken is lightly browned and onions are translucent, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic.
- Add chili powder and cumin and stir until chicken-onion mixture is coated. Stir in chicken broth, salsa, black beans and corn.
- Sprinkle rice into Instant Pot and lightly submerge into liquid with spoon, ensuring not to stir further.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and lock into place, making sure the valve is set to seal. Turn off sauté function and set to cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes then carefully open the pressure release valve (quick release). Remove lid.
- Garnish individual servings with cheese, sour cream, avocado and tortilla chips. Enjoy!
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: We like to reheat the leftovers and serve them wrapped in tortilla shells as actual burritos. It’s a quick and easy dinner idea.