Get out your Instant Pot because this recipe is a good one. In just a few simple steps you’ll have the most incredibly tender and juicy pork.
INSTANT POT PULLED PORK SANDWICHES
- Turn your Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker on to sauté.
- Trim any large pieces of fat off the pork butt and cut into 4 equal size pieces. Sprinkle Orange & Field Signature Seasoning over all sides of the pork and pat into meat.
- Pour extra-virgin olive oil into Instant Pot. Add the pork and sear on all sides, about 1 to 2 minutes per side, working in batches, if necessary. Once all pork is seared, transfer to a plate. Pour beef broth into Instant Pot and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pot using a wooden or heat-resistant spoon. Return pork to Instant Pot.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and lock into place, making sure the valve is set to seal. Turn off sauté function and set to cook on high pressure for 15 minutes per pound of pork.
- Open the pressure release valve (quick release) once cook time is completed. Remove lid and transfer pork to cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the pork into bite-sized pieces.
- Serve on warm, toasted buns with barbecue sauce. Happy eating, friends!
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: Instead of cooking the pork butt with barbecue sauce, we like to let each guest decide for themselves which sauce they’ll enjoy on their sandwich. Some like a sweeter sauce while others prefer a little heat.