COOKING WITH CHEF CHARLOTTE
We’ve taken our famous Classic Deviled Eggs recipe and turned it into a fun snack – perfect for both kiddos and the kids at heart. Aren’t these little chicks just the cutest?!
JUST HATCHED DEVILED EGGS
- 7 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 baby carrots thinly julienned
- 2 black olives minced
- Place the eggs in a large pot with enough water to cover and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and leave covered for 15 minutes. Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water until cool to touch.
- Peel the eggs. For each egg, cut a small amount from bottom to create a flat base. Cut across egg, slightly above halfway up. Carefully pop yolks out of each egg half into a medium bowl. Repeat with 5 additional eggs.
- Add mayonnaise, pickle juice, yellow mustard, salt and pepper to yolks. Finely mince remaining egg and add to yolk mixture. Mash with a fork until well combined. Scoop egg mixture into piping bag fitted with an open star (#199) tip. Set aside.
- Carefully insert 6 pieces of julienned carrots near bottom of each egg to create feet. Reserve egg tops.
- Pipe egg mixture into egg bases, filling beyond top to create a mound. Place egg top on egg mixture. To create eyes, place two pieces of black olives in desired position on egg mixture. Cut a tiny piece of julienned carrots to create beak and insert below eyes. Happy eating, friends!