M&M’s always seem to make any cookie instantly that much yummier. These kid-sized ones are guaranteed to make the young (and young-at-heart) want another.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Servings: 12 cookies
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’s chocolate candies
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter, vanilla and egg with a spoon. Add flour and baking soda and mix well. Fold in 1 cup M&M’s.
Drop 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets, spacing about 2 -3 inches apart. Place remaining M&M’s on top of dough on baking sheets. Bake until light golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
Allow the cookies to cool slightly then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: These cookies would make a great holiday gift and can be customized for the various seasons by only using M&M’s in appropriate colors.