You’re going to love this light and fresh shrimp recipe that’s full of rich flavor. Pair it with crispy roasted asparagus and a healthy helping of quinoa for a match made in heaven.
MARINATED SHRIMP WITH ROASTED ASPARAGUS
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells thawed if frozen
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Place shrimp, lemon juice, garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, tarragon, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in reasealable storage bag. Seal bag and turn to coat shrimp. Place bag in refrigerator for 1 hour to allow shrimp to marinate.
- Towards end of marinating time, preheat oven to 425°F. Trim asparagus by breaking off tough ends. Toss asparagus with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Arrange in single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet, seasoning with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Roast asparagus for 15-20 minutes, until tender but crisp.
- Pour shrimp and marinade from bag into large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until shrimp are opaque, about 1-2 minutes per side. Serve immediately with asparagus and quinoa. Happy eating, friends!