These not-so-spooky cookies are guaranteed to be a monster hit with those brave enough to eat them. Wait – do you feel like we’re being watched…
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Neon food coloring
- Candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with a mixer on high speed until blended, about 1-2 minutes. With mixer running, add egg and vanilla and continue beating until well incorporated.
- Sift flour and baking soda into creamed mixture. Beat on medium speed until well incorporated, being careful not to overmix dough. Evenly divide dough into four small bowls. Add food coloring to each bowl and stir well until desired color is reached, adding additional food coloring, if necessary.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing cookies about 2-3 inches apart. Gently press candy eyeballs into cookies, being careful not to place them too close to the edge. Bake cookies until edges look set, about 8-10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Happy eating, friends!
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: The more food coloring you add to your dough, the darker and richer the color of your cookies will be.