Our recipe for pasta primavera is packed full of delicious, fresh veggies. It’s hearty, colorful and perfect a family on those busy, hectic days.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1/2 large red onion chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large yellow squash chopped
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 pound penne pasta
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese for serving
- Fresh parsley for garnishing, if desired
- Warm olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add carrot and onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring occassionaly. Add asparagus, broccoli and bell pepper and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes and garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- While vegetables are sautéing, cook pasta in large pot of boiling water until al dente, about 5 minutes. Prior to draining pasta, reserve at least 1/2 cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add cooked vegetables from skillet and stir to combine. Add lemon juice, salt, pepper and enough pasta water to create sauce. Top with parmesan cheese prior to serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Happy eating, friends!
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: Be careful not to add too much pasta water when creating your sauce. Add just a little at a time until you’ve reached the desired consistency.