The best part of waking up isn’t just coffee in your cup. This delicious pumpkin oatmeal is guaranteed to start your morning off right.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 14 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup pure maple syrup, plus additional for serving, if desired
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
Combine pumpkin puree, 1 cup water, milk and maple syrup in a medium pot over high heat. Add dried cranberries, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt and mix well. Once liquid has come to a boil, add oats. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for the amount of time on the oat’s package instructions.
Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: Make sure your oats are quick cooking and not instant.