Pumpkin seeds (and a secret ingredient) help make this mouthwatering chicken the perfect go-to favorite. Gather ’round the table – dinner’s served.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup cheese crackers (such as Goldfish, Cheez-It, etc.), finely crushed
- 2/3 cup salted roasted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 4 ounces each
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9-by-13 inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
In a pie plate, combine cheese crackers, pumpkin seeds, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a second pie plate, combine egg, honey and lemon juice.
Dip chicken breast in egg mixture, coating well and draining off excess liquid. Toss chicken in pumpkin seed mixture, coating well. Place in prepared baking dish and repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
Bake until chicken has reached 165 ºF when checked with a meat thermometer, about 30-35 minutes.
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: While you can hull the pumpkin seeds yourself, you can typically find them ready to go at your local grocery store.