Pumpkin seeds (and a secret ingredient) help make this mouthwatering chicken the perfect go-to dinner. Gather ’round the table…dinner’s served.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup cheese crackers (such as Goldfish, Cheez-It, etc.), finely crushed
- 2/3 cup salted pumpkin seeds, hulled and roughly crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each about 4 ounces
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9-by-13 inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
In a pie plate, combine cheese crackers, pumpkin seeds, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a second pie plate, combine egg, honey and lemon juice.
Dip chicken breast in egg mixture, coating well and draining off excess liquid. Toss chicken in pumpkin seed mixture, coating well. Place in baking dish and repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until chicken is done. Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes.
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: While the recipe calls for the pumpkin seeds to be hulled, we actually included the crushed shells as part of our crust. We like the extra crunchiness it provides.