One of our all-time favorite snacks is hummus. Not just any hummus, though…roasted red pepper hummus. We love this homemade version and it’s literally beyond easy to make.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 15.5 ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers plus additional for serving, drained (we used a jar)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pita bread, crackers, carrot chips, for serving (optional)
Place all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth. If necessary, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to hummus until desired consistency is reached, processing well after each addition.
Transfer to serving bowl. Finely chop additional red pepper and place on top prior to serving. If desired, drizzle with olive oil. Serve with pita bread, crackers or carrot chips.
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: While it may sound like it is, this hummus doesn’t pack much heat. If you like your hummus a little on the hotter side, we suggest adding about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper along with all of the other ingredients.