Our lighter take on this classic dessert is the best way to end an equally delicious meal. Is there anything the slow cooker can’t do?!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours 40 minutes
- 48 ounces frozen mango berry fruit mixture, thawed and drained (we used Wyman’s Mango Berry frozen fruit)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granola with berries (we used Bear Naked Triple Berry Granola)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Prepare crock of slow cooker by spraying with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine fruit mixture, granulated sugar and cornstarch until well combined. Transfer to prepared slow cooker. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high heat for 1 hour.
After 1 hour, remove lid and stir lemon juice into fruit mixture. Combine granola, oats, butter, flour, brown sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Place granola topping on fruit mixture in a thin layer. Return lid to slow cooker and cook for 1 hour.
After 1 hour, adjust lid so that crock of slow cooker is only partially covered. Continue cooking for 40 minutes.
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: While we liked the combination of mango with the berries, feel free to use any fruit mixture you prefer.