Avocado and lime are the stars of this creamy dressing that compliments the salad perfectly. The freshness here is sure to wow you.
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 avocado, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnishing
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 3/8 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla strips, for garnishing
For the dressing:
Put the avocado, garlic, salt, pepper, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, sour cream and milk into a blender and blend until very smooth.
For the salad:
Arrange the lettuce, black beans, red onion, corn, tomato and cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Top with prepared dressing and toss to coat, if desired. Garnish with tortilla strips.
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: This creamy avocado dressing would also be perfect on your tacos or other Tex-Mex dish.