Avocado and lime are the stars of the creamy dressing that compliments this delicious salad perfectly. Are you looking for something fresh? Look no further!
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 avocado, halved
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- Tortilla strips, for garnishing
For the dressing:
Blend avocado, lime juice, garlic, milk, sour cream, cilantro, lime zest, salt and pepper in blender until very smooth.
For the salad:
Fill bowls with lettuce.
Add beans, corn, tomato, cheese and onion. Top with prepared dressing and toss to coat, if desired. Garnish with tortilla strips.
ORANGE & FIELD TIP: This creamy avocado dressing would also be perfect on your tacos or other Tex-Mex dishes.